A year of planning for a decade of action
Totally Renewable Phillip Island Open Day, Sunday September 8th, 10AM – 4PM, Cowes Cultural Centre, Thompson Avenue, Cowes
To involve members of the Phillip Island Community in information sharing, transition planning and reporting back on the actions and achievements of Totally Renewable Phillip Island (TRPI) in our first 12 months
Solar Installers ready to discuss the SmartBuy Solar & Battery Program – Sign up for solar sometime in the next 10 years and help the Island transition to 100% renewable energy
Electric Vehicles on display, all your questions answered
Carbon Farming Tour to Bimbadeen Farm – Bookings required – BOOK HERE
Stalls promoting sustainable living (see stall-holder on webpage)
12 to 1pm
Low Carbon Lunch, local chefs from local produce, available for purchase – Bookings required – BOOK HERE
1 to 2.30 pm
Official open, with a focus on the importance of community initiatives that address climate change
Guest presentation – AusNet Services on their partnership with TRPI
Presentations on TRPI projects
- Carbon Accounting – Knowing where our emissions come from helps us decide how to reduce them
- Clean energy – Totally Renewable Phillip Island Energy Challenge – Reduce your energy use by 20% & compete for a 5kW solar system and other energy solutions.
- Food and waste – The Bass Coast Shire diversion of organic waste from landfill to compost has significantly reduced community-based carbon emissions. What’s next?
- Electric Vehicles – What’s happening in the world of zero emissions transport and what can we hope to see on Phillip Island in the coming years.
- Carbon Farming – Phillip Island farmers are capturing and storing greenhouse gases in revegetation and soils, helping to draw down the legacy load of CO2
Launch of the TRPI Carbon Insetting Scheme, and inaugural Soil Carbon Credit Auction – inset your emissions by purchasing local carbon credits
Stalls and EV displays continue.
Thankyou to the partners and sponsors of Totally Renewable Phillip Island